When choosing an installer it is imperative for them to have a
background in tile work with several years of experience. You need someone you can trust to deliver the quality of install to last a lifetime. It takes several years to become an
accomplished tile setter and it is very hard work. Without someone who has been trained properly, problems can arise in your tile. A proper install minimizes problems from
occurring in your tile, and extends the life of it.
While we don’t have ‘Tile’ in our name, at Hillman Carpentry we nevertheless provide professional installation of intricate and distinctive natural stone
or ceramic designs for your floor, kitchen and bath and offer creative remodeling solutions to beautify your surroundings and maximize your living space. We are very flexible in
creating the custom tile job to produce a uniquely luxurious look and feel to your home that is both enviable and inviting.
We personally lay every piece of tile and have the skills and knowledge of a professional tile setter. I consider my work to be among the elite class in
the tile industry and want every homeowner to be completely satisfied with their tile and I will do whatever it takes to gain customer satisfaction.
Benefits of Tile
Tile is as good-looking as it is practical. Ceramic tile is tough, easy to clean, and fireproof. Below is a list of qualities that make tile the
perfect floor covering to have installed in your home:
- Tile can be installed on floors and walls and exposed to water or high heat.
- Ceramic tiles can be used to decorate any room of the house.
- The variety of tile colors, shapes, and sizes creates wonderful design possibilities.
- You can find glazed ceramic tiles in a rainbow of hues. Colors ranging from quiet neutrals to blazing primaries, from pretty pastels to dramatic dark
- There are decorative tiles with designs, impressions, and imagery. Many tiles are textured, both for better grip underfoot and for an interesting look.
- There is an endless array of sizes and shapes readily available.
- It is easy to give tile installations a detailed touch with a number of manufacturers offering a variety of trim pieces for edges, corners, caps, and
rounded arches and circles.
- Many tile producers also provide matching accessories, such as towel bars, soap dishes, corner shelves, and paper holders.
- Ceramic and stone tiled floors, walls, and countertops are easy to care for.
- General cleaning consists of a quick wipe with a damp mop. Even when cleaning is neglected for a long period of time, a good wash will usually bring
back the lustrous sheen.
- As long as the original installation was properly done, there is no reason why a tile installation would not last as long as your house.
- When purchasing tile, bear in mind that you will be living with it for a very long time. Take time and care in choosing tiles that you think will be
appropriate in future time.
Ease of Replacement
- If carpeting gets stained or damaged, you usually have to replace the entire piece. However if damage occurs to a tiled surface, individual tiles can
be repaired as necessary without tearing out the entire installation.
- Cracked or loose tiles or damaged grout can be repaired and rejuvenated relatively easy.
- If you want to make changes for aesthetic reasons, most installations can be restyled, accented, or added to without having to remove the main body of
- It is possible to extend a tiled surface should you decide to enlarge an area or add on to a room.
- Ceramice tile is an efficient solar collector, and one of the best floor coverings to install for that purpose.
- In the winter, tile stores heat during the day and slowly releases it at night, warming your feet.
- In the summer, tile defuses some of the sun's rays by absorbing heat. Then in the evening, ventilation carries the heat away, cooling the tile.
- Consider installing tiles around wall heaters and radiators, around wood stoves, and under skylights to achieve the greatest benefits.
- If you are installing tile primarily for solar heat benefits, the best substrate is a thick bed of concrete. However, even installed over plywood,
tiles will store and emit heat to some extent.
- Ceramic tile looks so good that many people consider it a luxury. Actually, it is very affordable. Many ceramic floor tiles are about the same price as
vinyl flooring. In addition, tile will long outlast vinyl installations, making tile the more economic choice as a floor covering.
- A tiled countertop will cost more than a laminate one, but will be more durable. A tile countertop will be less expensive than a stone or simulated
- Tiling a wall can be more expensive than painting or paper hanging. But because of its water resistance, tiles are more practical in wet areas such as
shower walls, tub surrounds, and backsplashes.
An important factor when weighing the benefits of tile against other products is the return for your money. Floors, walls, and counters covered with
ceramic tile, marble, slate, and related tile products are generally associated with luxury living. Therefore an installation that looks professional will certainly add to the
appeal and value of your home.
To learn more about how we can help bring your home improvement dreams
please give us a call or e-mail us at William@hillmancarpentry.com